Sunday, August 8, 2010

School Room Revealed


Its week two already and I am so excited to show you our school room that has become my favorite room in the house.

Last Christmas my husband took an unused bedroom upstairs and turned it into a Scrapbook/Craft room for me and the girls.  You can read about that here if you just have nothing else to do!!!

When we made the decision to homeschool that room is all that I could think about.  It is happy, cheerful, and the perfect size.  So, we turned this...


Into this...


And I am so ready to start it is going to be super hard for me to not just go ahead and make up my own curriculum until Mr. UPS comes a knockin' with the rest of my stuff.

I don't know how much time we will spend in here, but I did move the girls pink couch in here from their playroom just so that we can cuddle up for our reading and for Bible.   

I do love my super hip blue desk and my black and white damask chair just makes me giddy!!

Here are some more pics of my favorite things about our school room...


I have always wanted a "command center" but have never had need of one, but what is a classroom without one right??  Anyone there??  Help me out here!! 

This is our little command center of sorts.  It is where our calendar will hang, and below our calendar is this wall cubby system that Big Daddy had incorporated in the scrapbook/craft room which is now the scrapbook/craft/school room.  You still with me??  Good.  I will organize those cubbies to hold each subject that the girls do alone with me so it is sort of like the workboxes, sort of not, well probably more not, but I do love that I can say, "Please go get your language books" and they know right where that is...that will be right after I collect lunch money.  (chirp. chirp...Im sorry its my first year).


I am nothing if not the biggest fan on earth of Abeka's Bible curriculum for preschool and Kindergarten. I still remember it from when I was a youngster.  My girls never had it, so, by golly, we ordered those wall cards YES WE DID, and we will begin our CM Scripture Memory System with these verses and then move to some more.


Here are a few of my teacher manuals complete with stickies and paperclips and words in the margins...
I love this already!!!

So that is our little corner of the homeschool world!!  I can't wait to get started.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!!  If you missed week one last week, you can read that here.  And be sure to visit Heart of the Matter, The Hip Homeschool Hop, and Bring the Rain to see how everyone else is getting ready for the school year!!

1 comment:

I love comments and read every one...so thanks so much for leaving me a little note!!

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...