Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Keeper of the Home...What does that mean and how do I do it anyway??

photo courtesy of www.more4kids.info
This morning and for the next few Wednesdays I hope to stir up inside of each of us what it means to be a "Keeper of the Home." I would love for you to join with me and together lets determine what being a "Keeper of the Home" means to each of us individually and how we get there. Over the summer last year, I took a long hard look at Titus 2 to try to determine for myself how I can best serve my Savior and my family...and what I have come up with is what I will be sharing over the next few Wednesday mornings.
First, lets look at Titus 2:3-5. It reads,
"The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."
Obviously the key words we will be studying are keepers at home, but I think it is so important to read the remainder of the verses to get a clear picture of what God's word is instructing us to do. #1 Love our husbands, #2 Love our children, #3 be discreet, #4 be chaste, #5 be keepers at home, #6 be good, #7 be obedient to their own husbands...so what???
SO THAT THE WORD OF GOD BE NOT BLASPHEMED.
What I learned about being a keeper of my home this summer is what I hope to share with you. Let's please remember as we go through this study that the word of God is not black and white regarding this issue. There is a whole lot of gray when you talk about being a keeper of the home and everyone in the Christian community seems to have a different opinion, much less the opinions of those in the lost world. I think everyone would agree that "keeping your home" is more than just living in a house and being able to "keep" it by making your monthly payments on it. I am sharing what it means to me and am hoping to encourage you to search God's word to find what He is revealing to you about this very high calling!
For this week, I challenge you to search the scripture. See what the Lord is saying to you about this calling he has on us all. Also, try to truly think about this with your heart and your head. We laugh about being a "keeper" of the home because you are able to "keep" it because you make your payments, but really have you ever thought about the possibility that your HOME is not made of sticks and bricks?? Ponder on that this week and hopefully you will be ready to share next Wednesday morning. I have learned so much about what the Lord would have me to do within the realm of my family, I hope that we can walk this journey together and truly strive to be Titus 2 women!!

So stay tuned...next week our discussion will be "What is my home? Where is it? And how much time do I spend there??" See you all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one...so thanks so much for leaving me a little note!!

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...