Tuesday, December 8, 2009

1 Corinthians 13 and Christmas

Hey everyone!!   If you are in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, shopping, baking, and ornament making you may want to take a time out and read this poem that my dear friend Kayce over at Pastorette's Progress has posted on her blog.  It spoke to me in ways that I cannot describe.  Don't believe me??  Here is a little teaser...


If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love, I’m just another decorator.


If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love, I’m just another cook.


Kayce is a wonderful woman and I think that you will definitely be blessed by her posts.  This poem in particular really takes me back to what really matters...because the Zhu Zhu's will recover from the rodent flu, the American Girls' hair will get knotted, and the impact wrench I have bought my husband will become just another thing that accumulates in his shop.  But love endures forever


Go visit Pastorette's Progress and read.  I don't think you will be dissappointed!


Have a great day!




1 comment:

I love comments and read every one...so thanks so much for leaving me a little note!!

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...