Sunday, January 2, 2011

Menu Plan Monday...what's on our table



I am a huge fan of menu planning and have never known any other way to grocery shop.  I can remember when my big daddy and I were first married and our grocery budget for the week was like $0, and the only way I knew to spend as little as possible was to {like a psycho} write down every single bite we would take...and stick to it.  I vividly remember spending around $50.00 a week on groceries!!

Who knows how!


Today, I generally spend around $300-$400 a month on groceries give or take.  We live in South Louisiana and eat really good!!  I know that there is no way I could spend this little money and eat like we do without menu planning!!

And aside from the money savings, I love love love to wake up in the morning, see what I am cooking, and know my plan for the day.  I am a total list maker and it makes me feel so good!!

This year, I am going to try posting my weekly menus on my blog because I will be on the blogs every morning so I know that I can easily take a peek at what my menu looks like for the day {and because writing it out every week is just more paper clutter that I don't need}!!

We will see how this works for me!

This week is a little strange because my husband's aunt and uncle are down from Texas, so we will be doing more eating out than normal, but nonetheless...here is what is on our table this week....



Monday  January 3rd
Breakfast - Blueberry Muffins and milk
Lunch - Subway {while us girls are out shopping}
Snack - Homemade Applesauce
Dinner - Pizza {straight out the freezer...that's right}


Tuesday January 4th
Breakfast - Oatmeal and toast, milk
Lunch - Grilled Cheese, Chicken Noodle Soup, Satsumas
Snack - White Trash aka Chex Mix
Dinner - Roast and Rice and Gravy, Potato Casserole, Broccoli


Wednesday January 5th
Breakfast - Pancakes and bacon
Lunch - Chicken Nuggets, Sweet Potatoes, fruit
Snack - popcorn
Dinner - Nacho Casserole

Thursday January 6th
Breakfast - Bagels with cream cheese
Lunch - Turkey Paninis, Chips and dip
Snack - Goldfish, Applesauce
Dinner - Baked Potato Soup

Friday January 7th
Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Mac and Cheese, Chicken Bites, fruit
Snack - Ice Cream
Dinner - Chicken Enchiladas, Southwest Salad

Saturday January 8th
Breakfast - Cinnamon Toast
Lunch - Corn Dogs, chips, bananas
Snack - Chocolate Pudding
Dinner - Chicken Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread

Sunday January 9th
Breakfast - French Toast
Lunch - Eat at Moms after church
Snack - At Mom's
Dinner - Leftovers

*********************************************

So that is what is on my table this week...what's on yours??  I'm linked up at the orgjunkie.com.  Check it out for more menu ideas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one...so thanks so much for leaving me a little note!!

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...