Thursday, June 3, 2010

Our June Plans

I am very new to homeschooling...as a matter of fact we haven't even started yet.  We will begin in the fall, but really yall I feel like an expert because I have been a homeschool blog stalker for a good year or so!!  Don't mind me as I investigate every thing yall are at home doing with your kids while mine are at school.  Ha!


This summer is going to be a huge transition for us as we are going to relax and de-stress for weeks.  But, we are also planning a huge new journey.  One that we have dreamed and prayed about for a very long time.  This summer will be the doorway into our homeschooling journey and I cannot wait!!!


I was very excited when I stumbled upon the Homeschool Village Blog Fair over at Layton Family Joy because now I am not just some creepy lurker...Im official!  I am a real deal homeschooler...not just a stalker wannabe, so I can join!  I am tickled pink to tell yall that June will be a new start for us.  May was the bitter ending to life as we knew it as we closed the door on the private school chapter of our lives and told our many wonderful friends goodbye, cried like babies, and jumped for joy...all at the same time.  Weird, I know .  June is our fresh start...and we are ready for that!  June will be filled with many trips to the library, lots of swimming, lots of bowling because we signed up for kids bowl free and the 4 of us can bowl 2 games for $13.50 TOTAL {I am nothing if not frugal}, and lots of routine.   We will also squeeze in a trip to the beach at the end of June, which I cannot wait for and enjoy a new get together we will lovingly call "summer lunches".  This little gig is something that me and a few of my friends got started where we will rotate houses just to drop in and have lunch.  I can't wait for that to start!


So, that is what we will be doing in June.  I feel so free to be able to enjoy my summer without volunteering at the school or raising money for the school or buying uniforms, or tennis shoes.  Instead I can curriculum shop...much much more fun!


Since becoming a homeschool blog stalker several years back, I have become a serious business stalker of many many moms...so many that it is hard to only choose 3.  But I am total BFF's with these gals, although they have absolutely no idea who I am.  Right now I am super stalking Simple Homeschool, Blue Yonder Ranch, and Homeschool Creations.  I need to keep my head clear and get a vision of what I want to do this upcoming year and these gals never cease to inspire me...that is for sure.


Thanks for stopping by and please come back again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one...so thanks so much for leaving me a little note!!

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...