Wednesday, June 16, 2010

1000 gifts

I have come to the conclusion that if we all just slowed down long enough to see all of the graces that are given to us by our heavenly father, we may just realize that we have no reason to grumble.  In an effort to ground myself in Him and prepare for the homeschooling journey in the fall, I am joining 1000 gifts on an awesome blog called A Holy Experience.  If you have never visited Ann's blog go directly there now.  Do not pass go, do not collect $200 JUST GO!!!  This world is so deceptive and wicked, and her blog is such a reminder of where we are supposed to be.  I am hoping that writing down each and every thing I am thankful for on Mondays will keep my focus not on the things of this world, but on Him alone.  So here is the beginning of my 1,000 gifts....I know its not Monday, but Im an instant gratification kinda girl and I just really can't wait.

To be rooted is perhaps 
the most important and 
least recognized need 
of the human soul.
~ Simone Weil


0001
I am thankful that I am saved by God's amazing grace and by nothing that I have done...


0002
for being rooted


0003
for my husband who works so hard for his family and sits in the same spot every night


0004
that God chose me to be Mom to the most perfect little girls ever


0005
for summer


0006
for vegetable gardens, even when its too hot to enjoy them


0007
for air conditioning


0008
for a precious friend and the birds eye view of the amazing work God is doing in her life


0009
for a one of a kind country church that is exactly where I am supposed to be


0010
for a few little girls and a too small classroom each and every Wednesday night.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one...so thanks so much for leaving me a little note!!

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...