Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More than you ever wanted to know about me


Hi, Im Kellye, a 30 year old (with gray hair like Im 50) , mom of 2 beautiful (if I do say so myself) little girls and wife to the love of my life for 11 years.   I am a true Southern gal, born in raised in the deep South...Louisiana to exact, who loves Community coffee and sweet tea.  If you have never had REAL sweet tea I encourage you right now to venture to Walmart, get Community tea bags, come home and put them to boil on the stove in a pot of water,  pour the tea into a pitcher with about half a pound of sugar, fill your glass with ice, pour the hot tea in the glass and drink immediately!!  Nothing is better than freshly made tea that is still hot on the rocks...ooooh weee!!


I am a shift worker's wife and I am not afraid to say that it is brutal at times, but very much has its benefits. I love being able to go to the movies with my husband in the middle of the day in the middle of the week, but the possibility of him working Christmas will never get easy.  My husband and I were high school sweet hearts and are more in love now than ever before.  I often wonder how I ever snagged him at 17 when I was the train wreck that I was.  By the grace of God is all I know.  And speaking of the creator of the entire universe and all that is in it...I am an undeserving Christian saved by God's infinite mercy.  We go to a wonderful church that we have been members of for the last 10 years.  Its a great place with Bible believing, God fearing Christians, who are like family to us.  Our closest friends are those that we go to church with and I truly don't know what I would do without them.  Being a mom and wife is the greatest gift the Lord could ever give me apart from salvation, and I strive every day to prove myself worthy of the job.  


I am obsessed with houses and decorating, am absolutely "frugalicious" and pride myself on filling my home with as much "decorational clutter" as possible (I made that word up but it is defined as clutter that is used for decorational purposes...not to be confused with clutter such as leftover Halloween wrappers and empty cereal bowls that I also show off daily, but the layered use of many "cheap" and meaningful items that when combined properly create the perfect ensemble for any area of the home...how ya like that??).  Clutter makes me happy as does garage sale finds that just beg me to take them home and love them, which I do, and seeing their little smiling faces all over my house makes my decorational clutter rescue organization I got going on over here worth all of my hard work and paint brushes.


I love MAC makeup and often wonder why people wear anything else, my hair is still big like it was in the 90's because I LOVE IT, my shoe of choice is flip flops, and this season I will be rocking the scarves, ya hear me?  


I hope you come to visit often and enjoy the time you spend here.  I am very much a beginner blogger but have "met" so many friends in blog land (some who don't even know they are my friend...can you say stalker) that i often wonder what on earth I would do if I didn't blog.  


Well, that's all I have to say about me...so tell me about you!!  I would love to hear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one...so thanks so much for leaving me a little note!!

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...