Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Coasters, Coasters, and More Coasters


I am so thrilled to share with yall a blog that I just found about a month ago.  Instantly I must say that Edie at Life In Grace is my new BFF (sorry Kelly Ripa).  I did the classic "I found a new blog to stalk" and went all the way back to her first post because I have to know every single thing about her right??  Can't do it just half way...oh no!  So as I have been stalking along she comes up with this 
12 days of {handmade} Christmas 
series in which she is going to have fabu-lo-so bloggers sharing how to make spectacular things for Christmas gifts and for fun!!  So, of course as any good blogger should do, I tell everyone I know to rush over and check Edie out.  Well, instantly all of my blogging church ladies fall in love  with all of the great crafty {handmade} Christmas tutorials.  Anyway, long story not short, we had our annual Ladies Thanksgiving dinner Monday night and all made Day 3's Coasters!!  It was so easy and so much fun, I just had to post some pics.  My girls were even able to do this.  So, needless to say, I will be running to Lowe's before the holidays to get coasters for every person we know!!!  Here are the pics...



Of course before any coasters can be made, we must eat!!  Its the South...all we do is eat!!  Kayce (you can visit her here and you will LOVE her) prepared a feast for her favorite ladies in all the world.  Shrimp, Crab, and Corn Soup to be exact with Taco Soup in case you weren't feeling seafood-y.  And all of our favorite chips, dips, and of course sweet tea. 



Here are some of our ladies hard at work.  We used "practice plates" and stamped on them like crazy people until we were sure we were ready for the real thing.



What a great idea to put a scripture verse on them.  Like this...



And this...



And initials...oooh la la!



After a long evening of stamping and a bunch of inky hands...here is what was left.  So fun!



Here is me and little Wootie with our creations...I totally swiped my friend Katie's "faux toile" look and then I got super creative and added initials to the center, but of course I didn't get any snapshots of those!  Just know it was supa cute!!  And Wootie played the game of let me see exactly how many stamps I can possibly put on one 4x4 tile.  She broke some records I'm sure of it!!  It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful was the motto of the night.  And you know what, the Nester is right...it doesn't have to be.  It was a great night of giving thanks to the Lord and digging deep inside ourselves to really put thought into "giving thanks" and trying to find things that we so arrogantly overlook sometimes.  What a great time! And the coaster were a hit!! Thank you Edie!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one...so thanks so much for leaving me a little note!!

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...