Thursday, January 8, 2009

How To Get Rid of that Leftover Halloween Candy that is Lurking in your Kitchen

Okay, I don't know about your house, but at mine the Halloween candy is lingering around and calling my name all day every day. And the sad part is, what's left I don't even like, and yet Im still eating it. My kids have long forgotten that it is here and haven't had any in months, but I still have my little paw in the candy bucket at least once a day. BRUTAL!! So here is what I decided to do... Today is "Report Card Day" at my girls' school. It is a day that is built up with much anticipation in my house because my kids are always looking for an easy way to make a little cash. So yesterday I divided up all the leftover candy and made baggies for each of the kids in both of my daughter's classes with a cute little note inside saying "Good luck on your Report Card." Now, let me just say that my kids are in Kindergarten and 2nd grade at a small, very one on one oriented private school, so there won't be any kids in either classes that will be disappointed today I feel sure. I never would do this if I thought that there would be. The teachers passed them out and all of the kids got a little treat before the report cards were passed out at the end of the day and all of the kiddies took a little bit of love from my house to theirs and saved me a few pounds over the next several months it would've taken me to eat all of that junk!! I have no shame either, I put the orange and black, turkey, candy corn, candy canes, and every other kind of blatant holiday candy in there. Hey, a desperate mom has to do what a desperate mom has to do!! Ha Ha!! Both of my girls got in the car today full of excitement, first for their report card money that they knew to be coming and also from being able to pass out a goodie bag to all of their friends at school!! GOODBYE CANDY...HELLO BROWNIE POINTS FOR MOM...not bad, not bad at all!! Of course I sent them all without taking a picture. Cut me some slack, I am knew to this blogging thing, I will do better next time...I promise!! If you decide to do this for your report card day or next holiday off or early dismissal or pep rally or whatever, comment me I would love to see how yours come out!! Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one...so thanks so much for leaving me a little note!!

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...