Monday, May 23, 2011

Welcome Summer

Our official first year of homeschooling has come to an end and WE SURVIVED and even THRIVED (with the occasional meltdown or two or three)!!!!  This year was such a huge learning experience for me.  I don't think I would even recognize the me that was walking the earth exactly one year ago.

We learned alot, but since I already posted about most of what we did that was exciting, I won't bore you with the details again!!  But I am super excited to share with you what we are doing next year!!   I even made a super fun daily schedule that we are going to try really hard to stick to.  This year I think that was our biggest struggle, finding a schedule that we liked.  If it were too rigid, I ended up feeling defeated and behind.  If it were too unstructured we ended up not doing science or history.  I think I have come up with something somewhere in the middle.  Most importantly, I think, is that I have learned that we have to start before 9.  I really want the girls to each have some independent time to work {and for me to do some housework} and it just doesn't happen if we start school later than 8:00 or 8:30.  There just isn't enough time.  So for the upcoming year we will definitely start school at 8:00.  That will take some getting used to, so for the summer I am going to slowly move up ALL OF OUR bedtimes to prepare us for some early rising in the fall!!


Here is our tentative schedule for the 2011-2012 school year...

Hopefully this one will stick!!!  Last year we just seemed to go round and round with schedules!!  Im finishing up my curriculum selections and getting getting ready to start buying!! I will let yall know what I pick as soon as its all decided!!!

And as promised, my new obsession post is up next!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one...so thanks so much for leaving me a little note!!

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...